Clinics & services
Urgent care centres
Walk-in services are available for urgent (non life-threatening) conditions including:
• Minor head, ear or eye problems
• Broken nose or nose bleed
• Sprains, strains, cuts and bites
• Children’s minor injuries and ailments
• Minor fractures or broken bones
• Abscesses and wound infections
Hexham, North Tyneside and Wansbeck general hospitals
- Wansbeck – 8am to 10pm
- North Tyneside – 24/7 GP-led urgent care service. People are encouraged to make an appointment via NHS 111, there is also walk-in access available from 8am – midnight.
- Hexham – 8am-10pm
Patients can call NHS 111 for urgent medical advice 24/7.
Self-presentation or by appointment at North Tyneside through NHS 111